Every proposal is unique, but the goal is universal. You want to choose a ring that suits her and one she’ll love. This guide is designed to give you clear, useful information about engagement and wedding rings, diamonds, and hints for the proposal itself.Engagement Ring Shopping Tips for Men
1. Most men shop to one to three months before buying the engagement ring
2. A budget is key. The salary chart on below can help. Most men spend a bit more than they plan. But remember, the engagement ring and accompanying wedding band will be the most significant gift you ever give her.
3. Of the three rings that will be purchased, it is common to buy the engagement ring first, then the wedding bands.
4. Most couples prefer wedding bands that match the metal of the engagement ring and complement it in both look and fit.
5. The engagement ring and wedding bands are one of the only wedding-related purchases with long-term investment value, unlike the cost of flowers or the reception.
6. The Internet is a popular place to research rings; www.adiamondisforever.com and www.gia.edu are good sources for diamond information, while www.preciousplatinum.com provides platinum specifics and gives an overview of popular ring styles.
Knowing what to look for before you set foot in a jewelry store will make it much easier to walk away with a ring she truly wants. Start by knowing the basic components:
Center stone: The center stone typically accounts for an overwhelming majority of the price of the ring. The size, quality, clarity and cut of the gemstone determine the ring’s price and value.
Setting: Usually platinum or gold, the setting holds the stone/stones and gives the ring its unique design. The more durable the precious metal, the better protected your investment will be. That is why platinum is the ideal choice for protecting your diamond from daily wear and holding it securely in place.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates and releases
Thank you for subscribing to your newsletter. We’ll keep you posted on the latest news and updates with King Jewelers.
Based on your recently viewed products
This is a test Editorial for 2021! Now UpdatedMarch 16, 2021
What You Need to Know When Buying Diamond Engagement Rings & Wedding BandsMarch 31, 2020
TAG Heuer Connected Now Available at King JewelersMarch 17, 2020
King Jewelers Featured on Very CavallariMarch 14, 2020
Follow us on Instagram and catch the latest updates
Enter your email address below, and if an account exists, we’ll send you a link to reset your password.
Need help with your ring size? Read our article here. Don't see your size? Contact us!Add to bag
Need help with your ring size? Read our article here. Don't see your size? Contact us!Add to favorites